9. The “Online Classified Ad” Connection
There’s nothing more powerful than being there when a potential customer is specifically searching for your product or service.
Online classified websites such as Craigslist and Backpage are extremely popular. Millions of consumers frequent these sites every day looking for products and services that they plan on purchasing soon.
Therefore, your North Yorkshire Business should post ads there to get in front of your potential customers. If not, it’s like letting profits slip right through your fingertips.
Simply put… classified ads are effective and very low-cost… a winning combination.
Classified advertising also allows you to get in front of North Yorkshire prospects. When looking for local products and services, consumers tend to flock to classified sites as well.
Most classified sites are broken down by geographical area, making it simple for consumers to find what they need in Northallerton or North Yorkshire as a whole.
Although most classified advertising websites are free, it does take some skill to create ads that convert as well as ads that show up in the search engines for your profitable keywords.
Most classified sites have the typical sections such as real estate, jobs, and household items. However, they also have sections for business services – which is where most local business owners place their ads.
Because people visit classified ad sites looking for service and product providers, they usually convert higher than traditional advertising methods.
They are extremely cost-effective and allow you to reach a targeted audience as well as a world-wide audience.
Classified ads are also extremely important when it comes to SEO. Just like your website can come up in the search engines when people search for your type of service, so can your classified ad.
Not only that, but putting your website link in your classified ad provides a very strong backlink to your website, which in turn helps it rank higher over time.
The more backlinks you have to your website, the better!
Classified advertising can be a very powerful marketing tool if you understand how to use it properly. It’s affordable, targeted, and usually generates an ample response from local consumers.
Posting classified ads can be time consuming, but the process itself is pretty simple. Sign up for an account at the classified site of choice and then follow the steps to post an ad.
- Make sure the title of your ad is catchy and contains keywords that your potential customers would use to find your product or service.
- Make sure your ad copy is compelling with a strong call to action.
- Make sure the body of your ad uses some of the proper keywords.
- Make sure there is a link back to your website to generate backlinks as well as deliver more traffic to your website.
- A picture is worth a thousand words! Use an image in your ads if possible – they simply convert higher.
- As time passes, your classified ad will drop down the list as others are added. Be sure to post ads frequently so you stay near the top of the classified listings. Some classified sites actually let you bump your ad to the top from time to time.
If you struggle with any part of placing a classified ad, any online marketing consultant should be able to help you maximize the use of online classified ads in your business.
We’ll look more into ‘Paid’ online advertising with our next tip – so do pop back soon